Download instructions for the PC
Please carefully read the following instructions to download and install the trial version.
- A high-speed internet connection is required. If you do not have a high-speed connection, you can still try the design program for FREE for 30 days by ordering a CD. Please contact our office at 1-866-56-DREAM to order. A nominal cost will be charged to cover S&H, which can be applied to the purchase price.
For best results, we recommend that your computer have a minimum 2 GB of RAM (memory).
- Click on the link further below (see Step 10) to begin the download. You will see a pop-up window similar to the illustration on the left. (The name of the file may be different than what is shown in the illustration)Please note that this is just an illustration.You must scroll down to Step 10 below to begin the download.
- Click on SAVE. You will be prompted to select a location. We recommend that you save the installation file to the DOCUMENTS or DOWNLOAD directory, so that you can easily find it again. The download could take anywhere from approximately 10 minutes to an hour, depending on your connection. Please note: Do not save the installation file directly to your desktop.
- After the download is complete, you will see a pop-up window similar to the following illustration. Click on RUN.
- If you see a security warning such as the illustration shown below, click on RUN.
- The installation process will begin. You will see a pop-up window similar to the illustration below.
- During the installation process, just click NEXT, which will install the update to the DEFAULT location on your computer.
The default location is similar to C:\Program Files\DreamDraper. The program should be installed to the default location, in order to be able to successfully and automatically apply future updates.
- You may be prompted that certain files already exist, and asked if you want to overwrite them. Reply NO to all.
- After the program has been successfully installed, a desktop icon may have been automatically created, similar to the illustration shown below.
If available, double-click on the desktop icon to start the DreamDraper program. You will have 30 days to evaluate the COMPLETE DreamDraper program.
IMPORTANT: When the program opens up, you should see a green Update window, similar to the illustration below. If you are prompted that an update is available, then please click on the UPDATE NOW button to make sure that you are using the very latest release. If you do not see the green Update window, then click on HELP-UPDATE, and it will open up. You may have to go through the update process more than once. After updating, we recommend that you then check the “Don’t Show Again on Startup” box located in the lower left corner, as the program will start up faster.
- Download the 30-day FREE trial now. Click here to begin the download.
- Make sure to visit our tutorial webpage to view the step-by-step lessons on how to use the many features of the design system.
- The complete Quick Reference Guide is available online as a PDF. (A hardcopy version is included with purchase.) Use the FIND command located in the top toolbar of your Adobe Reader to easily search the reference guide.
- For your convenience, links to other support options are located at the top of this webpage.
Please note: If you uninstall the program and try to reinstall it, the program will detect that it was previously installed and it will not allow you to continue.